Thursday 27 June 2019

Dreaming in Celtic

Callanish Standing Stones, Isle of Lewis, Scotland


Can you dream "In Celtic"?  I think you can.  Ever since I was a little girl I have been fascinated with Scotland and Ireland and the mystery of these hauntingly beautiful countries.  Tartans and bagpipes and family crests were the extent of my knowledge.  A school project or two helped me string together a list of facts and television filled in the rest. 

Does the sound of the bagpipes playing make you stop in your tracks so that you can hear the beautiful music?  The sight of anyone wearing a kilt make your heart smile?  Dream of visiting Scotland or Ireland some day?

We were fortunate enough to visit Scotland in June 2018 and instead of quenching my thirst for knowledge, it has inspired me to keep learning, searching and discovering. Our visit there was jam packed with the sights and sounds of a country that touched my soul and made me want to visit again and again.

I plan to explore all kinds of Celtic topics here, as they relate to travel, food and culture.  I can't wait to learn more about you and give you some great information about the things that I am passionate about.

Let's journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fish & Chip Tour of Scotland

We ate a lot of really great food in Scotland - but by far, the dish we ate most often, was fish & chips.  So much so that we jokingly s...